Department of Psychological Medicine
Research focuses on how to manage clozapine catatonia and how to differentiate from other conditions that also induce catatonia
Child and adolescent mental health and related subject matter.
- Mood disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Addiction psychiatry
- Developing novel technology to aid caregivers/patients with debilitating BPSD
- Nutritional supplementation to enhance cognition or reduce disease burden in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia
- Medical student mental health
- Understanding depression and how the symptoms are presented in children and adolescents
- Understanding and determining the factors associated with depression in children and adolescents
- The role of cognitive behavioral therapy in the treatment of depression in children and adolescents
- Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials
- Researching novel treatments for psychiatric condition
- Interest in phenomenology of Schizophrenia and Early Psychosis
- To identify the prevalence and types of psychological distress in cancer patients
- To study the efficacy of various pharmacological treatment for distress in cancer patients
- To study the efficacy of various non-pharmacological treatment for distress in cancer patients
To discover new treatment for amphetamine type stimulants dependence syndrome using pharmacotherapy agents combined with psychospiritual approaches.
I am particularly interested the relationship between substance use disorder and mental illness.